Qualities and Benefits
What qualities are needed to be a Governor?
- A willingness to give time and commitment
- The ability to be tactful
- A willingness to listen and to learn
- The ability to make judgements and to take decisions
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
What are the benefits to being a Governor?
- You will gain a sense of satisfaction from the knowledge that you are helping schools and pupils
- You will be giving something back to the local community
- You will gain new strengths and skills that are transferable
- You will enhance your Curriculum Vitae
- You will meet a wide range of people