INTERNET SAFETY DAY
Each year we recognise Safer Internet Day. As part of this, we have special assemblies and each class focuses on internet safety through discussions and activities. You may find the resources below particularly useful when talking to your children about safe use of the internet.
As part of our Computing Curriculum and Personal, Social, Health Education, we teach the children how to use the internet and other IT applications safely. Below we have listed some links that you may find useful and which cover the subject of e-safety in more depth.
NSPCC Guidance for Young People and Parents / Adults
For young people:
- Childline, on the phone 0800 1111 and online https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Visit www.nspcc.org.uk/o2
- Net Aware www.net-aware.org.uk and the app can be downloaded from Google Play/iTunes stores for free.
- Share Aware https://www.nspcc.org.uk/shareaware
- PANTS https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/
- Call the Online Safety Helpline for free on 0808 800 5002 (Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, weekends 10am-6pm, Bank Holidays 10am-4pm) – they can help with some of the technical/practical elements.
- Sign up to our icebreakers email series https://nspcc.o2.co.uk/
- Book a Guru appointment in an O2 store www.o2.co.uk/help/guru